Starter Company Plus Program
Note: Application Process: Enterprise Renfrew County will be accepting expression of interest forms for Starter Company Plus Program starting March 1st, 2021.
All potential applicants must attend an information session. Please choose which session you are available to attend.
Use the link provided below for the session and you will be redirected to Zoom to fill out the expression of interest form. Once this is completed you will receive the Zoom Invitation for the session.
Thursday April 8th @ 9:00 AM Register for Thursday April 8th Session
Starter Company Plus program is made possible through funding from the Government of Ontario.
Please read the attached Starter Company Plus Program Guidelines before applying to the program.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions:
- You want to start a business but you are not sure where to start?
- Do you need business training and skill development, learn how to write a business plan?
- Compete for a business grant of up to $5,000 to help you to start or grow your business?
Starter Company Plus participants will write their business plan, complete two years cash-flow projections, take part in training and have an opportunity to compete for a grant of up to $5,000 to start, grow or purchase their business.
Funding Opportunities: applicants will have the opportunity to discuss financing options that are available for business owners. Applicants may choose to move forward to compete for a grant of up to $5,000. If your business requires additional financing to start or grow above the maximum amount of the grant, you must secure the funding and show proof to staff before you are able to receive the grant. If you are awarded the grant and do not have the additional funding in place by the date that the grant has been awarded to your business, you will be disqualified from receiving all award money.
Please Note: The award portion of the program is a competition, not every applicant will receive a grant. Applicants can only compete for the grant during the time frame of their application and acceptance into the Starter Company Plus program. Applicants must be a resident of the County of Renfrew and the business must be based in and operating within the County of Renfrew.
Information Session Dates
All meetings and training sessions are held online via Zoom. We feel it is important to place your health and safety first. In light of recent recommendations from the Province of Ontario and County of Renfrew in regards to public events and social gathering due to the outbreak of COVID-19. If you qualify for the Starter Company Plus Program you must be available to attend an information session. If you are not available you will be required to wait until the next intake session taking place in 2021.
Mandatory Training Dates
To take part in the Starter Company Plus Program you must be available to attend business training. All training will take place remotely via Zoom.
Business Planning 101
Tuesday April 27th: 10:00 AM: Introduction to Business Training Session with Jennifer DeBruin
Monday May 3rd - 16th: Access to online training videos for two (2) weeks to complete business training
Monday May 3rd - 31st: Trainer support from Jennifer DeBruin as required
Tuesday May 11th: 10:00 AM or 6:00 PM: Q & A with Jennifer DeBruin attend the session that suits your schedule
Tuesday May 18th: 10:00 - 11:30 AM: Cashflow Forecasting with Mike Thompson
Insurance, Accounting and Legal Professional Sessions
- Insurance Information Session
- Tuesday May 25th: at 10:00 - 11:30 AM
- Accounting Session
- Thursday May 27th: at 10:00 - 11:30 AM
- Legal Session
- Date and Time to be Confirmed
- Choose a date and attend an Information Session
- Submit the application form (will be sent out after the Information Session)
- Attend a mandatory business consultation (if you have not already done so)
- Participate in a one-on-one telephone interview
- If accepted into the training portion of the program, applicants must:
- Submit and sign an application form electronically
- Write a business plan that includes two years cash-flow projection
- Attend all business training sessions
- Follow a personal learning plan
- Applicants competing for the grant must provide 25% proof of equity.
To compete for the business grant, you must prepare and pitch a fifteen minute presentation to the Grant Review Committee.If you experience any problems or have any questions call Kim Fraser at: 613.735.8224.
Enterprise Renfrew County (ERC) would like to extend our congratulations to our Starter Company Plus participants. .