Starter Company Plus Program Is Presently Not Accepting Applications. Watch For New Application Dates in 2020
Applications are now closed for our fall session. Check back we will be offering additional intake sessions in 2020.Application Deadline: Sunday September 29th, 2019. **There will be additional intake sessions for Starter Company Plus in 2020. Ask Yourself the Following Questions: You want to start a business but there is so much information available and you are not sure where you should start? Do you feel lost with operating and/or opening your business and don't know where to turn for help? Do you need business training and skill development? Do you need to write a business plan but don't know where to start? Would you like to learn how you may qualify for an award of up to $5,000 to help you to start or grow your business? If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions than Starter Company Plus maybe the program for you. As a participant of Starter Company Plus you will receive: business training, write your business plan, complete two years cash-flow projections, and an opportunity to compete for an award of up to $5,000 to start, grow or purchase your business. Funding Opportunities: applicants will have the opportunity to discuss financing options that are available for business owners. Applicants may choose to move forward to compete for an award of up to $5,000. **Please Note: The award portion of the program is a competition.
- Not every applicant will receive the grant.
- Applicants must be a resident of the County of Renfrew and the business must be based in and operating within the County of Renfrew.
Information Session DatesIf you qualify for the Starter Company Plus Program you must be available to attend one of the following mandatory information sessions: Monday October 7th - 10:00 - noon or Wednesday October 9th - 10:00 - noon. If you are not available you will be required to wait until the next intake session.
Mandatory Training Dates
To take part in the Starter Company Plus Program you must be available to attend business training on all of the following dates:Tuesday October 15th - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Tuesday October 22nd - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Tuesday October 29th - 9:30 am - 1:30 pm Application Process
- Complete and submit the online application form *must be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifying applicants will be invited to attend a mandatory information session
- Be available to attend one of the information sessions on either Monday October 7th or Wednesday October 9th.
- Attend a mandatory business consultation (if you have not already done so)
- Participate in a one-on-one telephone interview
If accepted into the training portion of the program, applicants must:
- Write a business plan that includes two years cash-flow projection
- Follow a personal learning plan
- Applicants competing for the grant must provide proof of equity $1,250.
Enterprise Renfrew County (ERC) would like to extend our congratulations to our Starter Company Plus participants. .