Starter Company Plus Program Applications Are Closed
No longer accepting applications for the Starter Company Plus Program.All applicants must attend an information session. Please review the mandatory training dates below, you must be available for all of these mandatory training dates to participate in the Starter Company Program. Ask Yourself the Following Questions: Are you exploring entrepreneurship or have you already opened your business? Do you feel lost with operating and/or opening your business and don't know where to turn for help? Are you interested in receiving business training or want to update your business knowledge? Do you need to learn how to write a business plan but don't know where to start? Would you like to learn how you may qualify for $4,000 to help you to start or grow your business? Have you completed your cash-flow projections for your business? You want to start a business but there is so much information available and you are not sure where you should start? If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions than Starter Company Plus maybe the program for you. As a participant of Starter Company Plus you will receive: business training, write your business plan, complete two years cash-flow projections, and an opportunity to compete for an award of up to $4,000 to start, grow or purchase your business. Mandatory Inhouse Training consists of three full day learning sessions and a half-day roundtable session: Money Coach: Tuesday September 11th from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Business Planning: Tuesday September 18th from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Legal, Accounting & Insurance Session and Business Training Subject to be determined: Tuesday September 25th from 9:00 am - 1:30 pm ***please note these are two separate training sessions you must attend both sessions Cashflow Workshop: Tuesday October 2nd from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Online Training consists of working through 20 online lessons that will help to teach you how to write your business plan. Funding Opportunities: applicants will have the opportunity to discuss financing options that are available for business owners. Applicants may move forward to compete for an award of $4,000. On-line training must be 100% completed and applicants must attend the total time listed for the in-house training to move towards the grant portion of the program. Applicants must attend the full day of all in-house sessions. Applicants will have an opportunity to pitch their business to the Grant Review Committee. The award portion of the program is a very competitive process.
- Not every applicant will receive the grant.
- Applicants must be a resident of the County of Renfrew and the business must be based in and operating in the County of Renfrew.
- Submit an application inquiry from Enterprise Renfrew County's website
- Attend a mandatory information session and business consultation
- Submit a written application form and take part in a telephone interview
If accepted into the training portion of the program, applicants must:
- write a business plan along with a two year cash-flow projection
- follow a personal learning plan
- provide credit report and score to Business Consultant for review
- If your business plan is accepted to move forward prepare and pitch a ten minute presentation to the Grant Review Committee
- Provide proof of equity ($1,000)
For complete details and regulations read the Eligibility & Program Guidelines
Enterprise Renfrew County (ERC) would like to extend our congratulations to our Starter Company Plus participants. .