Employment Standards and Health & Safety Information Webinar - Thursday October 22, 2020
As the province re-opens from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development is presenting an online information session to help you understand your employment standards and occupational health and safety rights and obligations as they relate to COVID-19.
- What flexibility is there around changing hours of work?
- Can an employee be fired if they refuse to go back to work due to a family obligation related to COVID-19?
- Who is responsible for protecting workers against COVID-19 in the workplace?
- Can a worker refuse to work if they feel unsafe due to COVID-19?
The session will be delivered by subject-matter experts:
- Ron Landry, Provincial Coordinator (Occupational Health and Safety)
- Jason Bouchard, Regional Program Coordinator (Employment Standards)
During the Q&A period you can ask and get answers to your own questions.
*Please note: the session may last up to three hours long, depending on the length of the Q&A