Enabling Accessibility Fund Application Deadline: July 26th, 2018
The Enabling Accessibility Fund is to help fund small projects in communities across Canada to improve physical accessibility for persons with disabilities. Since 2007, funding has been provided to over 2,300 accessibility projects across Canada.
Applications through the Workplac Accessibility Stream must seek to:
- increase workplace accessibility and safety for people with disabilities; and
- increase opportunities for current or future employees with disabilities to obtain or maintain employmnet and participate in the Canadian Labour market.
Applications through the Community Accessibility Stream must seek to:
- increase accessibility and safety for people with disabilities in community spaces where programs and/or services are offered, or will be offered, to people with disabilities and
- increase opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to community life.
Organizations Eligible for Grants of up to $100,000 include:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Municipalities with a population under 125,000 and
- Small businesses with fewer than 99 employees
Deadline for submissions is July 26th, 2018.
To learn more, please visit: www.cherylgallant.com and click on Enabling Accessibility under the Programs tab.